I can’t believe I’m turning 40. It seems like this day has come too soon, but in some ways I’m excited. I’m eager to see what new adventures are in store for me. I know a lot of people get sad when they are approaching 40, but I feel like it’s a good time to look at what I’ve accomplished and also set new goals.
When I reflected on the goals I set when I was in my 20’s I actually started to feel great. I’ve accomplished all but one of my goals and working on that one now.
Forty isn’t the new 30. Forty is just amazing. I know what I want, how to get it, and have the money to make it happen. This is much different than in my 20’s.
So here’s 5 words of wisdom for anyone in their 20’s. Actually, I take that back – this is for anyone who thinks that getting older is something to feel anything other than fantastic about.
1. Love yourself! This is your life so make the best of it.
2. Stay away from negative relationships and know you can’t change anyone.
3. Don’t deprive yourself. Not from food, friendships, love, or even bad TV.
4. Surround yourself with good people. You don’t need a big circle of friends, just the right circle of friends.
5. Become the type of person you would like to hang with. Have a set of values and live by them.
My husband decided to throw me a birthday dinner party and it was amazing. Check out some of the images from the night.
Photo credit: Chela Cervantes Photography
Thank you for stopping by the MBK blog to check out my latest work, specials, tips and more. I hope you it. Make sure to add my blog to your list of favorites and come back often for specials and sneak peeks.